Little Sprog Co. – FAQ
- The first step is to sign up as a parent on the Little Sprog Co. website or App.
- You will then be able to complete your parent profile, which includes children’s names, ages, your address details etc. - you will only have to do this once. Once you are signed up as a parent you can search the babysitters on our platform based on your area, dates and times you are seeking a babysitter for.
- When you find a babysitter that you like (you can check their profiles and other parent ratings) you select the “request a booking” tab on their profile.
Note that if your profile isn't fully complete at this point, you will be re-directed to your parent profile to fill in all sections required for the booking, such as address, children's names, ages, your contact details and an emergency contact.
- You will be asked to confirm the time and date of the booking, select children from your profile that the babysitter will be caring for, and review the quote for the job before sending the booking request.
- The babysitter will respond to you directly (they will either accept or decline this booking) and you will be notified via email, the App and your Little Sprog Co. profile.
- You will receive a notification back from the babysitter directly confirming the booking.
- Details of the booking will be in your Little Sprog Co. profile, and will be sent to your email.
- An invoice will be generated, sent to your email and stored in your Little Sprog Co. profile. You will need to log in to your Little Sprog Co. account or app to pay this invoice via credit card.
- If you have selected times outside of their standard working hours, you will receive a warning that you have selected the babysitter outside of their standard working hours. The babysitter will still receive your request (as they may be able to juggle things at their end to accommodate your booking request).
- If the babysitter declines your booking, you will be notified via your profile and via email. In this case, your credit card will not be charged.
You can go ahead and request the booking at any time (even if it falls outside of their working hours) as babysitters may be able to rearrange their plans in order to accommodate your booking request. That said, if this is the case, you will receive a warning at the time of booking to advise that your booking times are outside of the babysitter’s standard working hours and the babysitter may decline your booking.
Little Sprog Co. have an automated system that transfers your credit card payment through to the babysitter's nominated bank account (less the Little Sprog Co. platform fee) therefore you don’t need to get any cash out or worry about payments outside of the platform.
The provider of this service is Stripe – a secure, multinational payment provider (https://stripe.com/nz).
The babysitter will close off your job at the time you return home via the App/website. You will be sent the details of this overtime via your Little Sprog Co. account or the App and be asked to 'Accept' or 'Decline' this overtime. (don't worry, this exchange can take place the day after you used the babysitter).
If you 'Accept', an additional invoice will be generated outlining any overtime. This invoice will be emailed to you and stored in your Little Sprog Co. account. You will be required to log into your Little Sprog Co. account to pay this additional invoice.
If you 'Decline' the overtime, you will be able to dispute this with the babysitter directly via the Little Sprog Co. message system (in your profile). If you are unable to come to an agreement, please email us at Little Sprog Co. and we will conduct an investigation according to our disputes policy.
Overtime is calculated at the standard rate (as per your booking) in increments of 15 minutes. Overtime payment will then be transferred to the babysitters nominated bank account.
No problem! We understand how important it is to be comfortable with the person who is looking after your children. We therefore have the option of a paid trial booking, you can essentially treat this like an interview/meet and greet, where you and the kids get to meet the babysitter before using them for a 'real' booking.
Little Sprog Co. will not charge a booking fee for this trial booking, but parents will be required to pay for an hour of the babysitter's time. Member parents will have the option of booking their first session per babysitter as a one hour 'trial booking'. Following this first babysitter booking, the three hour minimum booking applies.
You can then add this babysitter to your 'favourites' and be confident in booking them next time you want to head out!(Please also be aware that all of the babysitters on the platform have been personally interviewed, reference checked and police checked).
We are sorry to hear this, we always want to hear parent feedback (good and bad) so please email us directly if you have any concerns. We also have a formal disputes resolution policy which is outlined in our T&Cs on the website.
Please also note that babysitters on the Little Sprog Co. platform are rateable, and members are encouraged to publicly rate the babysitter. This rating will show up on their profile when other parents are searching the babysitters.
Little Sprog Co. understand that leaving your children with anyone new is a big deal! Lindy of Little Sprog Co. is very particular when it comes to who she leaves her children with, and has made sure that all babysitters that are included in the platform are personally interviewed, reference...Read more
Little Sprog Co. has worked hard to partner with some of the best names in the business. We are using Stripe as our payment provider. Stripe are a multinational payment processor based in San Francisco who process billions of dollars every...Read more